Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Project of the Week: Santa Birthday Cake

Sorry I haven't posted anything in awhile. The holidays are always so busy, but this year something extra special happened!

Meet my new niece, Ms. Natalie Grace! Born 12-15-10!

Santa Baby!

I'm a very happy Auntie Em! Now I have two beautiful nieces!

But anyways, I have been working on a couple of projects over Christmas. One was a birthday cake! I also did some Christmas cookies that I will post next week.



My boyfriend's mother turned 50 on December 11th so I knew she needed a special cake. I decided to use my favorite cake pan... the giant cupcake! After some research I decided I would make Santa stuck in a chimney out of fondant!

I decided to set up my decorating station in the
living room so I could watch Christmas movies!

First I molded the chimney.

I added a ball on top for Santa's body

Covered the chimney with red fondant

Added red fondant to the body then used toothpicks to make
legs out of fondant.

Added a belt

Added the belt buckle, shoes and white part of Santa's
costume!

Put some texture to make it look like bricks

Giant Cupcake! I love this pan!

Making sure Santa would fit!

Iced the bottom first


Added Santa and made snow all over the top!


I hope everyone is having a happy holiday!! I know I am! :)

♥ Emily

1 comments:

how did you make the "snow"? What decorating tip did you use?

Post a Comment