Thursday, March 14, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Shamrock Burlap Door Hanger



This weekend is St. Patrick's Day so I thought I would share a recent project I made!

I had been seeing pictures of door hangers lately made out of burlap so I decided to make a shamrock!



My supplies
Green Burlap
Green Paint
Paint Brushes
Scissors
Hot Glue Gun
Raffia
Brown wire
Shamrock Stencil



I made and printed out a stencil on my computer.

The shamrock is about 20in x 20in. 
Download template here: Shamrock Door Hanger Template
This will need to be printed using the "Poster" settings.
You will need to cut and tape the pieces together to make the shamrock.



I cut out two panels of burlap into the shamrock shape.



I painted one panel to my liking.


I started hot gluing the two panels together.


I left a large opening at the top and stuffed the middle full of plastic bags.


After it was stuffed, I finished gluing the panels together.



Lastly, I added the brown wire and tied a raffia ribbon to it.


Finished door hanger!


This was SO easy to make! Took me about two hours. I want to make one for each holiday! :)

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

❤ Emily

4 comments:

I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. I think it may be help all of you. Thanks.

Post a Comment