Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Project of the Week: Baby's 1st birthday invite and cupcake stand

Merry Christmas!

Sorry I have been so quiet lately! I have been sick for a long time now (a month and a half) with a sinus infection. I think it's FINALLY starting to go away. Just in time for Christmas! Pray that it stays away!

Being sick has really been bad for my Christmas spirit! There has been so many things I wanted to work on but couldn't! I did manage to do a few things. I did a party invitation and cupcakes for my niece Natalie's first birthday!



I made the cupcakes from scratch and found the cute little cupcake holders at Party Time. I made the palm tree cupcake stand. It was SUPER easy!! I will definitely be making more stands in the future! This is how I made it...


First I got 3 different sized cake boards. (You can find these at Hobby Lobby, Michaels and Party Time.)  I used a 10", 12" and 14" boards.



To cut out lots of palm leaves from some scrapbook paper and glued them down to the cake boards.


For support between the cake boards, I used salt boxes (still filled with salt) covered in brown scrapbook paper.



I hot glued everything together except the top cake board. I attached it to the salt box with velcro so I could easily remove the cake for Natalie to eat!



Happy 1st birthday, Natalie!


Yummy!

I hope to make one more post before the end of the year of a Christmas project that I had been working on that I thankfully finished even though I was sick! So keep an eye out for that!

♥ Emily

6 comments:

Hi I used this tutorial to make a cupcake stand for my dad's Luau birthday party. It came out great! I gave your credit in my blog post: http://sweetcanvascookies.blogspot.com/2013/07/aloha-part-1desserts.html

Thanks

Did you use a stencil for the leafs?

Yummy cake and loved the birthday card.

Lovely post on 1st birthday invitations.

Post a Comment