Thursday, September 5, 2013

Fall Wedding Series #1 - The Invitation

It's been 313 days since I married the love of my life. To celebrate our upcoming one year anniversary, I decided to finally share all the projects I did for my wedding. Everything turned out amazing! Exactly how I pictured it. It required tons of work, but it was so much fun! So for the next eight weeks, I will be posting all of my projects to celebrate being married to the most amazing man ever! :)


Our wedding was on October 27, 2012. It was an outdoor wedding at Magnolia Mound Plantation. We had a rustic/autumn theme. My main color was a dark blue teal with accents of creams and golds. After I decided on the general theme and colors, I immediately started thinking about what my invitation would look like. I am a graphic designer, and invitations are my favorite to create! So making my invitation was a process.... a process that lasted months. I wanted something fall (but not "too" fall), something rustic, something DIFFERENT.

I think I achieved that!




The Invitation Design


A simple design with teal and gold colors printed on a shiny metallic champagne cardstock.


The Pocket Design






I used a gold metallic pocket to hold the invitation. Around the pocket, I used double-sided tape to secure teal ribbon. Then I wrapped some jute string around it, and secured it in place by hot gluing a wooden heart with our initials.

Those hearts.... oh those hearts.... I sent hours using a wood burning tool to make around 80 of them!



The Envelope Design




I used a metallic champagne envelope that matched the invitation paper. Made the labels using some brown kraft label paper and a heart shaped hole punch, along with lots of measuring and cutting.





And of course Kitti had to help! :)



Mailing my invitations! I was excited! :)

I bought my invitation cardstock, pockets, and envelopes from Paperandmore.com.


Check out my other Fall Wedding Series posts here: http://createsharerepeat.blogspot.com/search/label/Wedding



❤ Emily

0 comments:

Post a Comment