Monday, September 16, 2013

Fall Wedding Series #2 - The Wedding Party, Colors and Flowers

This post is dedicated to the colors I choose for the wedding. There were two deciding factors: 1) I wanted "fall" without being overly "fall"... in other words, I didn't want it to be overly orange... no fall leaves, no orange pumpkins. Our wedding was around Halloween so I didn't want it to look like a Halloween wedding. 2) I wanted to use our favorite color which is blue.

After tons of research, I believe I came up with a great color palette! At first I was looking at more of a navy blue, but it never quite seemed right. But then I came across a dark, blue teal, and I fell in love! So it became my main color. The main items that would be this dark, blue teal color were the bridesmaids' dresses. I came across the fabric color "Tealness" from Alfred Angelo. It was the perfect shade! The groomsmen had matching ties from Al's Formal Wear.

*Note* It is REALLY hard to match this blue teal color.  Everyone's definition of teal can be different! I had to get creative to make sure everything matched. My advice is to make sure to always bring a sample of the fabric of your bridesmaids' dresses with you everywhere! I found that Hobby Lobby had the perfect ribbon to match Alfred Angelo's "Tealness." You can find it here: Teal Ribbon

Even though I didn't want a lot of orangey, fall colors, I thought I would tie some in with the bouquets. The oranges, yellows and reds really popped against the teal. It came out gorgeous in pictures!

I also had accents of ivories, beiges and golds. Those colors will be seen more in the my Fall Wedding Series posts to come!

 Pictures were taken by Janey Pie Photography.
 Bouquets were made by Billy Heroman's.








The bouquets were bound together with jute string. I added little wooden hearts with our names as well.


For the flower girl basket, I decided to jazz up a little basket I found at The World Market.


I wrapped some blue teal ribbon around the handle of the basket.
I made a flower out of burlap and added it and a jute string bow to the handle.



Here are some pictures of my husband and I... just for fun. :)




41 days until our 1st year anniversary! I love him so much! :)


Check out my other Fall Wedding Series posts here: http://createsharerepeat.blogspot.com/search/label/Wedding





1 comments:

This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment