Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Project of the Week: Chicken Marsala Recipe


A few years ago as a college student, I made my first trip to eat at Carrabba's. I had their Chicken Marsala, and I was hooked. I won't order anything else. I order it with a garlic mashed potatoes on the side. It's the mushrooms. Something magical happens with the mushrooms, and they are diiiiivine. Especially with the potatoes. MMM. Well, I decided I need to attempt to make this delicious dish, and I have a few times over the past years. It comes out AMAZING every time. It tastes like something you got from a restaurant. So, if you are looking for a very delicious, special meal to make one night, I suggest this amazing, yet simple, recipe to you.

Copycat Recipe for Carrabba's Chicken Marsala from Food.com

Prep Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
Servings: 4

Ingredients

4 tablespoons butter
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
4 shallots, chopped fine
1/2 lb mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup dry marsala
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon lemon juice

*Emily's Tip*
Double (Triple, x 100!!) the sauce: Butter, shallots, mushrooms, marsala, heavy cream and lemon juice. It will be worth it!!! I also added some minced garlic.

Directions

1. Pound chicken breasts to even out thickness and lightly salt and pepper.
2. In large skillet, saute chicken in 2 T melted butter until lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side.
3. Remove from pan and set aside.
4. Melt remaining butter in pan and add shallots and mushrooms.
5. Cook until mushrooms are lightly browned.
6. Add Marsala and bring to a boil, scraping browned bits from bottom of pan.
7. Add cream and lemon juice and return to a boil.
8. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Return chicken to pan for about 3 minutes to reheat and finish cooking (Me: Really let it cook down until the sauce isn't as white from the cream. Let's the mushrooms really absorb the flavors)
10. Serve with buttered fettucini (Me: Or with garlic mashed potatoes like I do!)

Sauteing the chicken breast

Adding the Marsala wine to my cooked mushrooms, shallots, and garlic

Added the heavy cream
Returned the chicken to the pan to finish cooking
The finished product!
Served with some roasted garlic red potatoes (didn't mash them this time,
but I wish I would have), grilled veggies, bread and salad.

Try this recipe. You won't regret it!

I know I have been doing a lot of food on my blog! And there is more to come... but hopefully soon I will have some other projects up that aren't edible. :)

♥ Emily

1 comments:

non-edible=beautiful pictures of my daughter :)

Post a Comment