Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Fall Wedding Series #4 - The Cake and Present Tables

A lot of my wedding decor planning focused on the several different tables I had at the wedding. They were the cake table, present table, welcome table and candy buffet/favor table. This post and the next two are dedicated to these tables.

The Cake Table



All the tables had an ivory tablecloth, a burlap runner and burlap pendant banners.

I made a pendant template out of paper  and used it to trace out pendants on a long piece of burlap.



After I cut the pendants out and ironed them to make them flat, I used some stencils I found at the store, and with teal paint, I sponged the letters on to the pendants. 


 After the letters were dry, I used a glue gun and a long piece of jute string to put the banner together.


Finished banner! (I will write about the Welcome table in my next blog post!)



The Cake


The cake was made by Ambrosia Bakery. They did a beautiful job! The top and bottom layer was a chocolate cake with coconut filling, and the middle was a white cake with strawberry cream cheese filling. All was covered in buttercream icing. SO YUMMY! I can't wait to defrost the top layer for our anniversary! The decorations match our wedding invitation: the leaves, vines and heart at the top. The only problem I had is that the gold of the vines were not exactly the gold color we discussed.. I wanted it more of a browner color gold. But that's okay. It was still amazing!

The topper was a heart that I bought that I burned our initials into.


 The base was a huuuuuge wood round that I bought off of Etsy!


The Groom's Cake was made by my good friend Andrea. She made us a football field with Will's two favorite teams, his work logo in the middle, and a couple of lego figures I had made in our likeness! 


Other Cake Table Details



I also had lots of mason jars, our bouquets and champagne flutes on the table. The large pumpkin to the right was hallowed and had an opening that was supposed to hold the champagne, but they forgot to put the bottle in there. No biggie!

All the bouquets had a mason jar to hold them up around the cake. Each had a teal ribbon and jute string around it and a heart with the owner's initials.



I had these beautiful napkins made for the table as well! You can find them HERE.





The Present Table



Our wedding location had this cute little wood table that I decided to use for the present table. We decorated it with a banner, burlap runner, flowers, and a bird's cage on top of a wood round to hold cards. I wrapped it with ribbon and jute string and placed a heart that said "Cards" on it. I also had some moss at the bottom.




That's it for now! More tables to come! 

Check out my other Fall Wedding Series posts here: http://createsharerepeat.blogspot.com/search/label/Wedding

Wedding pictures taken by Janey Pie Photography.







0 comments:

Post a Comment