Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Project of the Week: Cake and Sushi!

This past Friday was my mom's birthday (Happy Birthday, Mom!), and just HAD to make her a cake! I wanted to something a bit more classic when it came to decorating it. I also wanted to play with some CHOCOLATE! I have been wanting to do a chocolate cake for a while now, and I knew she would be just the person to try it on!

I used this recipe for the frosting and ganache: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/elizabeths-extreme-chocolate-lovers-cake/detail.aspx

For the cake, I used a devil's food box cake that I doctored a bit with some sour cream.

The cake was SO YUMMY! I will definitely be making it again!!



Last Saturday my boyfriend, my brother and I had a sushi making party. It was a lot of fun! And very filling!

The first roll I made and my favorite!
Spicy shrimp, alligator sausage, jalapeno, cucumber, avocado with eel sauce on top. YUM!
MMM, Strawberries!

Shrimp, crab, cream cheese, cucumber and avocado with strawberries and toasted coconut on top!


An assortment!

Will had a great time making sushi!
I thought I took some pictures of my brother making sushi... actually... I KNOW I did... I guess they didn't come out. :( boooo!

Anyways, lots of projects coming up. I will have an invitation for you next week and hopefully a painting to show off sometime soon! 

Until next time....

Kitti in a box!!!

♥ Emily

0 comments:

Post a Comment