Monday, July 18, 2011

Project of the Week: Will's Birthday Part 1

I may not have been blogging much lately, but it doesn't mean that I haven't been super busy doing projects! I have been working on my boyfriend Will's birthday surprise for a couple of months now. His birthday was this past weekend so I am finally able to post about them. I am going to split his birthday projects into two posts. This one will be about the biggest project, his birthday cake!

Will has been into brewing his own beer for a few months now, so I thought it would be appropriate to make him a beer stein cake!


Will with his cake

This cake was constructed with using, 6" Funfetti cake layers, buttercream icing, marshmallow fondant and rice crisipies. Check out the slide show for pictures!



I loved using marshmallow fondant. It was a little harder to work with than the Wilton premade kind, but the taste was SO much better! Here's the link to the recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/marshmallow-fondant/detail.aspx

Another new product I used was Duff's Cake Graffiti: A spray paint for cake! I used the silver paint for the top of the stein. It worked really well. It can be found at Michael's. http://www.michaels.com/Duff%E2%84%A2-Cake-Graffiti/bk0407,default,pd.html?cgid=products-bakeware-duffgoldman&start=54

That's it for now! Keep an eye out for my next birthday post tomorrow!

♥ Emily

2 comments:

The other day I was telling my mom about your blog. I remember using the phrase "...she's basically everything I want to be." These last 2 posts pretty much confirm that. Keep it up!!

-Amber

Don't know what to say! That is so sweet, Amber! We should get together soon, and talk cake! :)

Post a Comment