Monday, March 14, 2011

Project of the Week: Daffodil Photos



So it's been exactly one month since I last posted... one month! I know, I know... I have been slacking! But sometimes you need a creative break. I filled my time with reading, working around the house, cooking, and just being lazy!

No more creative break for me now! I have a few projects this month focused on my baby niece Natalie's Christening. The first thing I thought of was that I would be making the cake and invitation. Then it turned into a photo shoot as well!

I wanted a really nice photo of Natalie for the invitation, and I was really anxious to try out my new camera! So this past Saturday, Katherine and I loaded up the baby and her older sister Maddie and went to one of our favorite places, St. Francisville, LA. There are plenty of beautiful plantation homes in St. Francisville, and we love roaming around the grounds in the beauty gardens surrounded by giant oaks. We brought the girls to one of Katherine's favorite places, Afton Villa. Around March every year, there are over 100,000 daffodils that bloom here. We thought it would make the perfect backdrop for our photo shoot!

We had a blast, and I got some really good shots! Here are some of my favorites:




For more pictures, click HERE!

Keep an eye out next this week for when I post the Christening invitation featuring some of these pictures!

♥ Emily

0 comments:

Post a Comment