Friday, September 24, 2010

We're off to see the Wizard! A Halloween Preview!

First day of Fall was yesterday! YAY! Still hot, but the weather is supposed to be a bit cooler next week! The weather channel's website is showing the high at 82 on Monday!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!

With all the Halloween decorations coming out, this year's costume has been constantly on my mind. And I also had a coupon that expired soon, so I wanted to pick out the costume I wanted quickly! At first I was going to be a bumble bee, but I gave into another idea. Something I have wanted to do since I first got my dog, Jack. You see... my Jack is a Cairn Terrier. You don't see too many of them around, but I think he is one of the CUTEST terriers out there!! Toto from the Wizard of Oz was also a Cairn Terrier. And since I LOVE the Wizard of Oz and the musical Wicked SO much I knew that one year I HAD to be Dorothy! I gave in. This is the year!! :)

Here's a sneak peak of my costume!


So I wasn't going to post this picture because I wanted to save it for around Halloween, but I thought it was too funny not to post! Is Kitti looking up my dress?!? Why is Jack licking his lips?!? I love these two furry guys so much!! I am going to find some shoes to spray paint red and glue red glitter to them!

Now what I am about to say my sound pretty corny... but... I am going to have some professional pictures taken of Jack and I while I am dressed as Dorothy Halloween weekend! I know, I know.... but a very talented photographer and friend of mine is offering a deal I couldn't refuse!!


So... instead of just handing my boyfriend the camera for some quick shots, I am going to have some really nice photos made! :)

If you are interested in this Halloween deal, and would like to see some of Jane's work, you can visit her webpage and blog here:



JaneyPie_BlogButton

If you decide you schedule a Halloween session with Jane, tell her I referred you! Maybe I can get myself $5 off!! ;)

I had another cake decorating class last night. This week we decorated cupcakes! We learned how to so some different flowers!
Cupcake and flowers are fun, but I rather a real cake! Next week is our last class, and for it we have to design our own cake. I wonder what I am going to do? hmmm! We'll see! After this class, there are two more Wilton classes I am going to take. So you will be seeing cake on my blog for awhile... so be prepared! I find myself DAYDREAMING about making cakes. It's rather ridiculous! :)


I am still working on my friend's blog graphics project, and I still haven't finished painting my dining room yet! UGH! The cake class takes up a lot of my weeknight time because I have to prepare for the class the night before making cake and icing! I promise to get those projects done and posted soon.  I am debating entering a tshirt contest which ends next Thursday. Not sure if I will have time to have the design done by then since I am going out of town this weekend! We'll see! October, November and December should be full of pretty cool projects though! :) And don't forget, there will be a giveaway coming up very soon! Probably in a week!


Have a great weekend, and COME ON COOLER WEATHER!!!!! :)

-Emily



4 comments:

Me and my (weenie) dog Maverick had professional pictures taken of us a few years ago by Phillip Dequeant. Maverick had a hotdog costume, and I was a hotdog ventor (with red and white striped shirt and apron with "Robyn's Weiners" logo). It was so much fun.

The photography session sounds awesome! I'd have like to have done it for some of my previous costumes that I spent a FORTUNE and lots of time on!

I think cake daydreaming is infectious. I SWORE I was done with cakes, and now I am planning my next one! Haha!

Thanks guys! Now I don't feel so bad about taking those pictures!! :)

As the recipient of the BOO Day Cake - let me say - it was not only creative, fun and terrific - It also tasted great.

Post a Comment