Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving! 25 days of Thankfullness!



Happy Thanksgiving everyone! 

In honor of this holiday, I decided to share what I am thankful for with you! Starting November 1st, I started writing out one thing I am thankful for each day up until Thanksgiving day! It helps to remind me how truly blessed I am!

1. My wonderful, amazing, awesome best friend and boyfriend, Will 
Words can't express how blessed I am to have such a great man in my life. I almost feel like it's too good to be true! I have never been this happy! Thank you for loving me and being SO great! I hope you know how wonderful you are! I love you!

2. My dog, Jack, and cat, Kitti
There is something about having pets that brings such a confront... especially with dogs.  Thanks Jack and Kitti for being such loving little critters and for being SO funny!

3. Cooking 
Oh food, how I love you. Probably too much. I daydream about you all the time. You make me happy when I am sad.  I love being able to create something so delicious! Thanks for making my belly happy!

4. My Family
I know I will never be alone because I can always rely on my family. Mom, dad, Jamie, Katherine, Maddie and new baby Natalie or Lucas. I love you all very much!

5. My Friends
You are not only my friends. You are my family as well. There are so many of you to name, but I feel I do need to mention a precious few. Kimberly, Monica and Jason. You'll always be in my heart no matter how far apart we are!

6. My Job
I am so thankful for my job and my coworkers. I have always felt very comfortable working there. I feel secure in my position, and that is something that can't often be said nowadays.

7. My House
I am so blessed to have such a great place to live. It's everything I could want in a house! I love the space I get to work with! It definitely feels like home!

8. My Creativity
I love how I have the ability create things. There is no better feeling than to escape to that creative zone in my head. Cooking, drawing, painting, etc. It brings me such happiness!

9. My Health
I wasn't the healthest, most active child growing up. I was definitely overweight. I lost about 50 pounds since I started college in 2002. I am not only thankful for that, but for my overall health throughout the years.

10. My State 
I am thankful for the rich culture that I grew up in... the rich FOOD culture! MMM!

11. My Blog
It's great to have a place to share with everyone what I am up to! Keeps me accountable as well!

12. Music
Can't live without music. I always have a song to sing. Ask Will... I sing about everything! :)

13. My Mac and my iPhone
Yup... I said it. I am that nerdy!

14. Pictures
I love captured memories!

15. Cool, Fall days
They don't come often here in Louisiana, but when they do, I cherish them.

16. Crawfish
Boiled, stewed, fried... YUM YUM YUM

17. Sleep
It's SO nice!
 
18. The smell of a roux cooking
"Remember, no matter how far you roam, a little scent of a roux in the air will always remind you there's no place like home." -Louisiana Cookin' Magazine

19. The 80's
Music... Movies... best decade ever!! ;)

20. Google
I use you everyday, Google. To shop, to look for ideas, to learn. I can't imagine how people lived without it!

21. Tony's Boudin Balls
Nuff said ;)

22. Diet Coke
I couldn't live without you! :)

23. Our huge jacuzzi bath 
Nothing ends the day better than a nice soak in it!

24. My Past
I've had my ups and downs, but I know they made me into the person I am today. They may not sound as great or tragic as others' experiences, but they have affected me nonetheless. I have learned a lot, and feel like I know who I truly am now.

25. My God
Because none of these blessings, no matter how big or small, that I am so thankful for would be possible if it wasn't for Him. I look at my life and know nothing is coincidence. I look at the sky, the trees, the ocean... I think about how incredibly complicated animals and humans are and know there is no way these could have just popped out of nowhere. There is an Artist out there who created this beautiful life of mine, and I want to thank Him most of all!

So today, look back on your life, and think about what you are most thankful for. And if it's someone in your life, make sure to let them know it!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

 ♥ Emily

1 comments:

Awww good addition to your blog em!!! I am especially thankful for family and reconnecting with old friends this year!!! And sooo glad we decided to see each other throughout the year and not just christmas!!! Love you!

Post a Comment