Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I won! I won! I won!!

Okay, so I have been knowing this for awhile now, but I wanted to wait to it was officially announced to tell you... I won a t-shirt contest!!!

Check it out here!
http://www.webgallerydisplay.com/breada_newsletter/?gallery=3511&page=

If you remember last month, I posted that I entered a t-shirt design contest. The contest was for BREADA, a non-profit, parent organization of both Main Street Market and the Red Stick Farmers Markets which are located right across the street from the building I work in Downtown Baton Rouge.

The contest theme was “Buy Fresh Buy Local." Designs could include Louisiana fruits, vegetables, seafood, market items, or farm life. I did my design the day before it was due. I wasn't going to do it at first, but since I go to the market almost daily, I figured I might as well give it a shot. I submitted my design, and about a week later I got an email... not saying I won... but that they wanted changes to the design. I was thinking ...ooooookay? If I am making changes, I better win!

First design submitted

Final design after changes. They wanted outlines of vegetables in the back.
All I could think was why didn't I think of that? LOL... That's what I get
for being so last minute!



After I submitted the final design, I got an email back a week later saying that I did win! I won a free
t-shirt, a market bag, and $50 in market tokens!

I was told yesterday that they are changing the colors of my design though. They want it to be more "Fall" colors for this time of year. I am not too fond of the change. Maybe it will look better on the shirt...


Check out the Red Stick Farmers Market on Saturdays from 8am-12pm! It's located on the corner of 5th St. and Main St. There are lots of fresh fruits and veggies, and every first Saturday there are arts and crafts too! You can buy my shirt while you are there!! :)

http://redstickfarmersmarket.org/main/

Right next to the Red Stick Farmers Market is the Main Street Market. This is where I go many days of the work week. Check out the pumpkin muffin at Charlie's Coffee, the wraps at FRESH Salads and Wraps, or the chicken salad at Taste of Downtown. DELICIOUS!!!!

http://www.mainstreetmarketbr.org/main/

Have a happy Wednesday!

-Emily

4 comments:

I am SO glad you won! I REALLY don't like the colors they changed it to, though. It doesn't look quite right, especiallya fter you did sucha great job on it! Enjoy your pumpkin muffins!

Emily, it looks great. I liked your colors better, but it still looks real good. I can't wait to get one. You know I've always enjoyed going to the Market.

Post a Comment